Now hiring for an Accounting and Finance Leader:
Group Vertical is wholesale distribution company serving multiple verticals including phone and tablet parts, PPE and healthcare supplies and more. Our mission is to ignite people’s inner drive so they can lead successful lives. We work to provide every customer with an amazing experience.
We are seeking team members who also believe in our core values of:
- Drive – We get it done and focus on what’s important.
- Realize the Benefits of Technology – We embrace technology and use it to our advantage.
- Improve Daily – We learn new things often and want to improve personally and at work.
- Value Taking Risks – We believe to succeed in life you must take risks, even if its as small as speaking up when uncomfortable.
- Enjoy Life – We make the most of life through being positive, motivated, and enjoying what we do.
The Finance and Accounting Lead is a proactive business partner; responsible for the preparation of month-end closings, financial forecasts; providing financial advice to the business; meeting business reporting requirements; managing and training on/around accounting practices and processes. As part of the Leadership Team, this role will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer | Integrator.
Finance & Accounting Lead – Key Responsibilities:
- Lead, manage, and hold team members on the operations team accountable with skills in communication and leadership. Leaders at Group Vertical are teachers at heart and empower those they lead.
- Ensure accurate and 100% on-time financials (weekly, monthly quarterly, annual).
- Manage Taxes and Tax Returns
- Lead Budgeting, Forecasting and financial planning activity.
- Leadership Team position - where you will collaborate around key decisions in the business. We would also look to you for input around Finance and Systems related topics in our leadership meetings.
- Manage general ledger accuracy (including ledger maintenance, accounts payable, accounts receivable, revenue and asset accounting) to ensure reliability of financial statements, associated analysis and reporting.
- Ensure proper internal controls are being performed to support ongoing and year end audits.
- Evaluates and makes improvements to accounting processes while ensuring that practices comply with organization accounting policies and applicable laws and regulations.
- Look for opportunities to document and streamline processes.
- Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
- Working with Marketing Lead to manage price lists (including associated discounts) to drive real-time accuracy, clarity, and profitability.
- Provide adhoc reporting and analysis, as requested.
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Three years of experience leading / managing an accounting function.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, strong interpersonal skills.
- High comfort with key technology / tools (Excel, Word, Outlook) and experience in data mining and business / ERP systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree (accounting major) with major coursework in business, finance accounting
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience leading and developing people a plus
To join our growing team, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.