Jump start your career by becoming a part of the Group Vertical team. Group Vertical is a rapidly growing technology company, specializing in the mobile and tablet device repair industry! We are looking for team members who fit in with our Core Values:
- We Have Fun
- Ever Improving
To join our growing team, please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Now hiring for a Purchasing Buyer/Inventory Specialist:
Group Vertical is a leader in wholesale distribution of mobile device repair and PPE. Our mission is to ignite people’s inner drive so they can lead successful lives. We deliver results, use technology, improve daily, take risks, and help our customers and their businesses. We provide every customer with an amazing experience.
At our core we are people that:
D - Deliver Results - We get stuff done and focus on the important.
R - Realize Benefits of Technology - We embrace technology & understand its power to improve our business.
I - Improve Daily - We are always learning & improving personally and in our careers.
V - Value Taking Risks - We know that to succeed in life, we must take some risks, even when it is uncomfortable.
E - Enjoy Life - We make the most of life by being positive and motivated both at work and at home.
Responsibilities of the position:
- Managing and placing purchase orders
- Coordination of inbound shipments and freight deliveries with carriers
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies and provide product supply decisions, input, and assessments across multiple products
- Set objectives and monitor performance to achieving year-over-year cost reduction and continuous improvement of the sourcing process
- Monitors and maintains adequate in-stock position of warehouse product inventories to service daily orders
- Reviews and ensures all products are within proper shelf life requirements and rotates or culls out stock as appropriate
- Takes ongoing warehouse inventory to physically review stock on hand and shelf life
- Stays current and up to date on market trends and supply issues that can affect pricing and supply patterns and keeps sales staff aware of news
- Coordinates all inbound freight deliveries either by scheduling with in-house trucking resources or contracting out to assorted carriers
- Identifies backup vendor supply resources where appropriate to always keep business in stock
- Aggressively negotiates all vendor contracts for best pricing, terms, and delivery to ensure Group Vertical can sell items at the most competitive price and maintains needed supply
- Manages and facilitates ongoing process improvement strategies; streamlining sourcing and procurement practices to ensure alignment with organizational business strategies and corporate performance objectives
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 7 years of sourcing and supply chain management experience, to include domestic and global sourcing, procurement as well as supplier identification, assessment, certification, and development
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, or another similar field
- Proficient with sourcing and vendor management
- Strong analytical and critical thinking and mathematical skill
- Proficient in computer software programs and knowledge of Purchasing Software
- In-depth knowledge of market dynamics along with keen business sense
- Effective negotiation strategies/techniques, particularly across various foreign cultures
Group Vertical is an equal opportunity employer.
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 5:30pm and emails may be required in the evenings, from home.
Job Type: Full-time with Benefits
Salary: $55,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year, dependent upon experience